Friday, June 14, 2013

May's big shopping trip

With a lot of commitments on my plate so far this month I have not been able to find the time to do my big shopping until now. After reviewing my freezer and pantry contents and making my menus I sat down and made a shopping list. I determined I really only needed to go to two locations this time (with an upcoming trip to the farmer's market for later in the month) and that I needed to get very little in the way of meat/poultry/fish. I did do a bit of restocking of the pantry staples keeping in mind my upcoming summer off from my job.
I began my trip at BJ's Wholesale Club where I spent $ 16.99 on a large container of laundry detergent (I still need fabric softener & mouthwash both items they were out of, I will try again this weekend for those). The remainder of my bill ($93.32) was spent of food items. I brought home 1 jar of chicken base, a jar of beef base, a quart of light cream, a quart of heavy cream (both items to be used in homemade ice cream), a gallon of organic 1% milk, a two pack of Smart Balance spread, a gallon of soy sauce, 10# of flour, 10# of sugar, a quart of real maple syrup, a 6pck of Uncle Ben's white and wild rice, a 48 oz box of cheezits, a 24 pck of Chobani fruit yogurt, and a half pound of hard salami.
My next stop was Aldi where I spent $16.81 on nonfood items (dish soap, toothpaste, trash bags, and quart sized freezer bags) and the remainder of $106.56 on food. I brought home: a loaf of bread, 4 'slim jim' snacks for the kids, a pack of sugar free gum, a bottle of 100% grape juice, a bottle of 100% cranberry juice, a bottle of apple juice, a bottle of ruby red grapefruit juice, a container of Fit & Active lemonade mix, 4 cans of Arizona Green Tea, a box of corn flakes, 2 bottle ranch dressing, 4 bottles steak sauce, 2 jars marschino cherries, a bunch of celery, 2 cans diced tomatoes, 2 quarts strawberries, a bunch of bananas, a pack of string cheese, 1 3# bag boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1 jar bread and butter pickles, 1 bottle chocolate syrup, 1 can whipped cream, 1 box white cake mix, 1 box devil's food cake mix, 1 jar Miracle Whip, 1 container blue cheese,  1 container old fashioned oatmeal, 2 cans mandarin oranges, 2 jars coffee creamer, 12 jar orange marmalade, 1 bag spring greens, 1 bag tortilla chips, 1 bag sweet potato chips, 2 bags potato chips, 1 bag chocolate chips, 2 bags (4#) brown sugar, 1 pck. provolone slices, 1 jar honey, 1 quart lowfat cottage cheese, 6 containers regular yogurt, 1 pint raspberries, 1 bag pistachios, 2 bags dried cherries, 1 box 'ritz' crackers, and two dozen eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment