Wednesday, June 26, 2013

This N That

The week got off to a terrific start with the arrival of baby L and so far has just gotten better and better.
Yesterday after spending some time visiting our newest addition and his mommy at the hospital youngest daughter L and I stopped by the Farmer's Market.
We came home with a hand of fresh ginger, 4 lemons, 2 cucumbers, 3 heads of romaine lettuce, 5 corn on the cob,4 red bell peppers, a pint of grape tomatoes, a bag of baby spinach, a smallish watermelon, a quart of strawberries, a pint of blueberries, 3 lbs. cherries, 12 nectarines, 12 peaches, and 12 plums. Total cost $62. A bit high I thought but we did buy quite a bit of fresh fruit for snacks and the watermelon will keep for our July 4th picnic, and it was paid for with money I earned cleaning over the weekend. Since this will last at least an entire week I'm looking at it as a jump start on July groceries.
I did get some communication from unemployment who denied my benefit claim (odd since they approved the daughter in law who has the same exact job situation as I do). I filed an appeal but don't really expect to get a different answer. I immediately sat down and crunched the numbers. As long as I don't get lazy we will be fine.
 On the upside I got a phone call from a relative asking if I'd be interested in doing some deep cleaning jobs a couple of times a month. I snapped up the opportunity and spent this morning there, so there is a bit of ready cash in the pocket.
When God closes a door, he opens a window!!




No comments:

Post a Comment