Friday, June 21, 2013

Hot Lunch

Looking around for some lunch inspiration on Wednesday (we were a bit tired of grilled cheese and salami sandwiches) I poked around in the freezer drawer of my refrigerator and came across a ball of pizza dough buried deep within. At first I thought I'd just make a pizza but then got to thinking about being a bit more creative than that. I settled on doing a pepperoni and cheese Stromboli as something just slightly different yet still familiar.
I allowed the dough to defrost then rolled it out on a stoneware sheet pan and sprinkled shredded Italian blend cheese and sliced pepperoni on top.
 
I added another layer of shredded cheese then folded it over longwise and sealed the edges.
 
I mixed some melted Smart Balance with garlic flavored olive oil and brushed this over the top then grated some fresh parmesan cheese over the top before putting this in a 400 degree oven
 
Once baked I removed it to cool, brushing a second time with the butter/oil mixture. Then using my pizza cutter cut this into generous slices.
 
 
I warmed some jarred pizza sauce that was in the refrigerator and served it in a bowl along with the slices of Stromboli for dipping.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, found your blog via Carol's (CT on a Budget) and I'm loving what I've had time to read.

    This meal looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shara! Nice to have you reading!

      Delete