Monday, August 18, 2014

August groceries

Index of /images/clip_art/food_&_drinkI did a small shop today using cash on hand. I picked up a gallon of organic milk from BJ's wholesale club for $6.67
 
And for my second stop I dropped by Aldi and for $26.32 I brought home this bag of groceries:

Which when unpacked contained 1 dozen eggs, a bag of grapes, a pint of lowfat cottage cheese, a can of whipped cream, a half gallon of vanilla bean ice cream, a box of coconut fruit bars, a box of eskimo pies, 3 squash, a bag of spinach, two peppers, a bunch of bananas, a cantaloupe, an english cucumber, and two large tomatoes.



I'm expecting to do one more small shop mostly for fresh produce before the end of the month. The stand up freezer and drawer freezer remain packed almost full. The kids have been eating away from home quite a bit and when I find myself alone I've gone off menu and chosen things like scrambled eggs or an omelet or a salad or a simple pasta dish for myself, skipping the meat and fish. This means that September will also be a very light month for spending on groceries, continuing on with my 'summer plan' of using only the $250 made cleaning for groceries.  I plan to experiment with a slow-rise in the refrigerator bread dough tomorrow, looking ahead to being back to the 11 hour workday next week. This way we can continue to have homemade breads, rolls, and buns even though my hours to make these is limited.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment