Monday, August 11, 2014

Finances and Life in General

Summer Vacation - Clip Art - Vector → Graphics » Vector Clipart Summer vacation is starting to wind down with just under two weeks left before it is back to work. I actually did some work from home today getting prepared for the beginning of the school year.  I'm pretty pleased so far with the finances over the summer break. Even with very little money flowing in (middle son's rent/insurance and money earned from cleaning job) we still have money in the checking to cover upcoming bills this month as well as a small amount in the savings. September is going to continue to be a tight month for us though since my first paycheck will not roll in until the 12th and that one will have to be used for mortgage, car payment and car insurance. My health insurance benefits will also be taken out of this check to catch me up. Fortunately we continue to have plenty of food in the house and as I have done all summer the money earned from cleaning will cover those expenses for the first month I am back to work.
As far as last week's finances are concerned I have a very good week with very little money going out and some money coming in from cleaning on Saturday. Here is the breakdown:

Sunday 8/3: $50 (newest granddaughter E was baptized and we had a wonderful time at oldest son's home with family and friends, this was my half of the gift GF (her great uncle) and I gave her)

Monday 8/4: $0 day spent at home reading and doing minor housework, dinner was off the menu making 'slub glub/aka johnny marzetti for dinner with items in the house,  evening spent 'porch sitting' with friend/neighbor as we have been doing all summer

Tuesday 8/5: $0 day spent doing laundry and reading! Dinner was roast beef (my serving topped with some homemade chili sauce), evening spent watching tv

Wednesday 8/6: $0 yet another day at home with a good book! Not only am I not out spending money I am saving gas as well. GF filled up the tank over the weekend and barely any fuel has been used, evening spent at friend/neighbor's house divvying up the PC items from the catalog show we co-hosted

Thursday 8/7: $42 at the eye doctor on a 6 month supply of right eye contacts (these are for astigmatism so more expensive than the left eye lenses I had to buy last month). A stop at the library for books, dinner was  grilled applewood rubbed pork chops, evening spent with new book from library.

Friday 8/8: $0 went to GF's place, dinner was herb crusted pork roast, evening watching tv together

Saturday 8/9:$0 worked cleaning in the morning , afternoon running errands with GF then we had dinner out at a local favorite pizza spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment