Monday, June 23, 2014

Simply Sunday




Some days are perfect not because they are filled with special events but because they are filled with small quiet moments. Yesterday was one of those days. It was a beautiful sunny morning. A pot of coffee doctored up with cinnamon started the day. I made a simple cooked breakfast of sausage links, scrambled eggs, and toast. GF had two showings scheduled at his house for the afternoon so while he painted the front door side-light panels I did some small chores to keep the interior up to viewing standards. Once we completed these jobs we showered, dressed, and collected his dog Jake and we all piled into the car for a Sunday drive. One of our favorite places to go is a small community just south of where GF lives called Hudson. We rambled in that general direction and spent a couple of hours checking out the real estate options for him available there. We agreed that as much as we enjoy the small town feel of the place it is not exactly what he is looking for.
A sandwich grabbed at a drive through and we headed back to his home. Thinking ahead I had taken chicken breasts out to defrost . I grabbed a container of a new to me spice blend from McCormick's
And made up a marinade from the recipe on the back. I put the chicken and the marinade in a pan 



While the chicken marinated I browsed GF'S pantry for sides. Au gratin potatoes and green beans were the winners.  I preheated the grill and got the chicken on 

Once cooked through I assembled our plates 
And we ate. I liked the marinade but GF wasn't so sure. Looks like this particular spice blend may come home with me.
The day ended with some reading and tv viewing and just enjoying each other's company. Small moments that added up to a relaxing day. 

1 comment: