Friday, June 20, 2014

Mid week catch up


 

It has been one of those weeks where I feel as if the harder I run the further behind I become.  In reality I was just busy. It doesn't even seem like vacation yet. On Monday I grocery shopped. On Tuesday oldest son and I went out for plants and flowers together. I had a gift certificate from youngest daughter from Mothers Day to a local nursery for $20 and I budgeted an additional $75 for this. I used the certificate and spent $68. Nicely under budget. I got two full flats of flowers (verbena,& begonias), a beautiful hanging basket of mixed colored petunias, pots of  heliotrope, parsley, Rosemary,  thyme, and a pot of a small yellow flower that I don't know the name of as well as a 40 pound bag of potting soil and a replacement trowel. I still want a big fern for the front porch and am keeping an eye out for a good deal. 
Wednesday I did some small chores around t he house and then babysat my grandsons overnight. Dad was out of town and Mom was working. It was quite fun to take 6 year old to his ball game and watch with 1 year old.  After the game we watched a cartoon movie before turning in. 

Thursday I ran middle daughter to the mechanics (an oil change & checkup on her van) and then took her to run errands for their upcoming vacation. One of her stops was Aldi. I ended up spending an additional $34 there on lemonade mix, canned four bean salad, canned German potato salad, sliced cheese, and trail mix. We also went to Target where I picked up cleaning supplies we needed: Pledge, solid air fresheners. Murphy's oil soap, Swiffer dusters, and sponges.  I also succumbed to the siren song of the ladies clearance rack and got two new dressy-er tops.  That evening I took GF's dog for a car ride while a realtor showed his house.  I have a feeling I will be doing this often.  
Today GF's dog and I again spent quality time together for the same reason. A top up of my gas tank at $38 and I am done shelling out money.  The purse strings are tied tight. My final paycheck went in the bank and oldest son deposited his monthly money. I paid the June utility bills and we are good to go.
Because I also steamed cleaned the hall carpets and did a general clean of his house GF owes me a tank of gas which I'm sure I will need by Sunday.  There are two more showings scheduled for tomorrow afternoon and one for Sunday and we will be using my car I'm sure since it is roomier than is. A graduation party of a nephew and a classic car show are also on our schedule for the weekend. 

4 comments:

  1. Phew! I am tired just reading all of that! You have been on a run around streak.
    Just a thought: the canned salads from Aldi's-while certainly far cheaper than a deli take out, are these intended for "emergency meals" or is this something that you could make yourself for less? the bean salad, for example: 3-4 cans rinsed and drained beans, home made vinaigrette, some added veggies, if desired (onion/celery/green pepper), perhaps some herbs and this is done in minutes. Just a thought, not a criticism. : )

    Deep cleaned the fridge today, I remain on a strict, financial warpath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol the canned salads are emergency/lunch items. I could make these myself of course but in this case they are for times I may not have the time to do that. Looking forward to a more restful week coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol the canned salads are emergency/lunch items. I could make these myself of course but in this case they are for times I may not have the time to do that. Looking forward to a more restful week coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol the canned salads are emergency/lunch items. I could make these myself of course but in this case they are for times I may not have the time to do that. Looking forward to a more restful week coming up.

    ReplyDelete