Saturday, June 14, 2014

Beginnings and Endings

end. - stock illustration, royalty free illustrations, stock clip art ... The last two weeks have been full of beginnings and endings. The first ending was the high school career of my youngest child. He graduated on the 4th of June and I have never been prouder. We look forward in the fall to his new beginning, college. He has applied at three excellent schools that will allow him to live at home and save on expenses that way and been accepted. We are only waiting to see financial aide packages before he makes his final choice.  This was also an ending for me, the first time in 27 years I will not have a child in school. Wow. Although I will have two in college (not the first time for that though).  Then my own school year came to an end this week and I had to wrap up all my work and close up my kitchen for the summer. As usual I have been preparing for the lean months ahead when no big paycheck will roll in after next week. I will continue to clean twice a month at a local company which is what is going to pay for groceries. I've also come to a business arrangement with my GF. I will clean his house weekly in exchange for a tank of gas. He recently put this home on the market and it needs to be kept in apple pie order for buyers to look at. I can handle that. My adult son contributes to the household finances and that amount will cover basic utilities. The rest will come from monies in the bank. This means the beginning of my personal summer finance challenge. I will have more 'zero dollar' days than days where I spend money. My goal is 5 zero dollar days per week.
And finally we had one very big beginning. On the 9th my newest grandchild, a baby girl, was born!!! Welcome to the world Miss EMT!! She's quite a special little lady since she isn't just my granddaughter she is also my GF's great-niece. The tie that binds us together. I so look forward to spending a lot of time with her before going back to work at the end of August.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the birth of your grand daughter. : )
    Summer months are lean here as well, I understand that challenge. Luckily, you do still have some side jobs to ease the strain. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete