Sunday, June 22, 2014

June finances




It feels so good to FINALLY have my first two vacation weeks under my belt. What doesn't feel so great is that I only have four money-free days in that time frame.  This is the week however when it gets serious. I have one bill yet to pay for the month and one which will come out automatically. I don't consider bill paying in my definition of money-free since it has to be done and is not an option. On the credit side of things I have one more Saturday in the month that I will be earning money from my cleaning job. That money is ear-marked for youngest son's graduation party. I will purchase and mail invitations from that and the rest will be tucked away for food/drink. I have been thinking ahead towards the party and already have all of the decorations ( saved from daughter's party last year), as well as all of the paper goods. The party itself will be held at the pavilion at a local park which is free on a first come first served basis. This week I am going to be working on gathering photos and making a picture display of son. Food for the party has been decided on. Relatives have already offered to help by bringing dishes. I will be baking cupcakes and cookies, making penne with sauce, cheesy potatoes, pasta salad, baked beans, and coleslaw. I will purchase fried chicken and middle daughter will be doing a beef brisket. Fixings for the cupcakes, cookies, penne, baked beans, sauce and pasta salad are already bought. Drinks will be bottled water, soda pop, a dispenser of lemonade ( already on hand), and another of ice tea.  I am feeling prepared.
In any case here is how the week went moneywise:
Sunday: free day
Monday: grocery shopped: $98.84 on nonfood items, $16.99 for cat food, $ 304.72 on food.
Tuesday: bought flowers/plants $ 68
Wednesday: free day
Thursday: household cleaning items & clothing @ Target $72. Aldi $34.
Friday: gasoline $38.
Saturday: free day

This week is going to be different. My goal is five free days, anticipating a potting soil & veggie plant purchase for the raised bed box middle son made me, and the purchase of graduation party invitations.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a solid plan; best tip I can share would be to keep monitoring and recording expenditures. Seeing it in black and white is an eye opener.

    Today is the twin's 16th birthday; being at an age where they don't have any requests towards gifts, we are about to go on a mini shopping spree to replenish Summer wardrobes and to take advantage of sales at Kohl's for starters. I have a budget, they also have some birthday monies to apply towards extra pieces.

    ReplyDelete