Friday, October 18, 2013

Where has the time gone?

Clip Art of words and leaves for an October Sign  I cannot believe it has been almost three weeks since I had some time to sit down and visit. The time has just flown past with work and life events.
I'm not going to get into a review of the finances right now, I will save that for the end of the month.
Suffice it to say that I have been busy picking up things for home improvements including this brand new light for the front porch: Waterton Hanging 1-Light Outdoor Dark Ridge Bronze Lantern. I have gotten all my fall/Halloween decorations up both outside and inside. I have replaced the Damp Rid bags in the cellar once again and am finding them effective in keeping that area dry and smelling fresh. I had the dryer repaired (GF did it for free). We got ahold of a like new washer & dryer set from a friend of adult son but did not need them so we donated both to two family members who were in need. That felt really good to pass that along.
I have also had to have some maintenance work done on my SUV, the oil and oil filter have been changed, the rear brake pads replaced, and last weekend I had 4 brand new all weather tires put on. It was very costly ($782) but as my GF reminded me we put our lives on those tires every day they need to be quality.
We have had several celebrations, both college age daughter and my oldest son had birthdays (she turned 19 and he turned 30) so dinners out for those. Band season continues for youngest son so Fridays are dedicated to that. I continue to work my twice a month cleaning job on alternate Saturday mornings although I did have to tell my house cleaning employer that I was just too darned busy to fit her in anymore. The two Saturdays a month I have free I need to get things accomplished, like house cleaning, appointments, grocery shopping.  We  have also done some fun activities, a local festival parade that youngest son was marching in, and a day spent last Sunday at two local orchards picking apples and enjoying the sights and smells of the season.
During the week once I reach home it has been dinner prep and cleanup and then small chores like laundry, daily cleaning, and some relaxation in front of the tv. After 6 weeks of working these new extended hours I have to say I think I have gotten a grip on that. My next goal is to carve out time to spend here during the week because I have missed this.

No comments:

Post a Comment