Friday, October 25, 2013

November Dinner Menus

... menu design vector clip chef0 Restaurant menu design vector clip chef Taking advantage of a day off from work (teacher inservice) I got busy and sat down and did my November dinner menus. I plan on doing a large grocery shopping trip today. It looks as if mid-month is going to be the best time for me to shop so I will be buying for the last week of October as well as for November today. Then next month I will do same, creating a new routine for myself.
I think I also have a good pattern for dinners as far as workdays are concerned basing them on either quickly assembled meals or the slow cooker. I have also planned Sunday suppers for large cuts of meat that I can then re-use at least once during the week and also provide GF with a meal mid-week. I have had some good conversations this week with an aftercare co-worker about a local CSA that she and her hubby have used this year. http://freshforkmarket.com/ I was impressed because it is not just produce, it is also locally sourced foods such as Ohio maple syrup for example, and local meats and cheeses. The package she had works out to $25 a week and after checking out their website I see a larger package works out to $40 weekly. I am seriously considering this for next spring. They have a winter package but it is primarily for the customers they already have. I'm liking what I'm hearing and what I see on their website.
In the meantime here are my menus for November. I am not trying any new recipes this month which for me is unusual. I am going with all tried and true. Menus using planned overs are in bold. Menus using the slow cooker are in italics and menus using meals that can be made in 30 minutes or less are underlined. I have the entire week of Thanksgiving off from work so I have planned menus we enjoy but take some time to make for that week. We have one more high school football/marching band night and have planned on taking out middle adult daughter for her birthday. And of course there is Thanksgiving which we will spend with family. It is bring a dish and I have yet to hear what my sister wants me to bring. I am doing a mini Thanksgiving style dinner though so we have planned overs (the only drawback to not hosting the day is the lack of leftovers) for Black Friday.

Shrimp Orzo skillet
salad

Cheddar Broccoli Soup
crescent rolls

Broiled pork chops
Cinnamon mashed sweet potatoes
corn

Sausage and Apple Kraut
Pierogies
green beans

Sun dried tomato & mozzarella sausages with peppers and onions
rice pilaf
broccoli with garlic and herbs

Swedish Meatballs
egg noodles
salad

Vermont Maple Chicken
White and wild rice
green beans

Herb encrusted eye of round
mashed potatoes
candied carrots

French Dip sandwiches
chips
coleslaw

Moroccan Lamb chops
couscous
peas with mint

Mediterraean Lentil Soup
rolls

Broiled salmon fillets
hash browns
coleslaw

Tacos with toppings
spanish rice

Chicken Marsala
Creamy parmesan rice
salad

Cranberry Pork Roast
scalloped potatoes
green beans

Mozzarella and Sun dried Pannini
salad

Broiled steak
beef rice a roni
broccoli

Texas style beef brisket
butter crumb egg noodles
brussels sprouts

Roast pork stir fry
steamed rice

Heather's garlic baked chicken
risotto
salad

Beef and Noodle Soup
fly off the plate rolls

Brown sugar baked ham
au gratin potatoes
Harvard beets

Roast turkey breast over stuffing
mashed potatoes
cranberry sauce
mashed brown sugar squash

Ham and Cheese bowties
salad

Spaghetti with Meatballs
Salad
garlic toast

Turkey in gravy over stuffing
cranberry sauce
potato pancakes
corn

Slub Glub (aka beef and macaroni)
salad














1 comment: