Sunday, December 8, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

... Clip Art of a Santa Claus Holding a Strand of Christmas Lights  We had the most wonderful snowfall last weekend that left us with about 2 inches of snow on the ground out at GF's house although we only had a dusting of snow up against the lake where I live. I have been struggling for some reason with my holiday spirit this year and seeing the snow out of the window is helping slightly. No particular reason for the holiday blues, I've budgeted enough for gifts, I am looking forward to the bustle of shopping and baking , and hoping to 'hire' my college age daughter for most of the wrapping (one job I just detest). I've been listening to holiday music and even decorated my kitchen at work and had a nice time this week helping the aftercare group with holiday crafts. We even did a service project for homebound parishoners and yet I still feel a bit blah. Perhaps it is time to sing for all to hear? LOL.
We did a bit of Black Friday gift shopping and a bit more on Saturday. That Sunday we had a birthday party for a young nephew that was quite fun. And it was back to work on Monday. Tuesday night I figured since college age daughter was going to her boyfriend's house, youngest son was going to his girlfriend's house, and adult son was working his second job I'd skip making dinner and get those outside Christmas decorations hung up. I was pleasantly surprised when adult son altered his work schedule to be home to help me with this task.
As it turned out he did most of the actual hanging while I sorted out the decorations, directed him where to place them, tested the lights, and unknotted some of the tangles. I still do not understand how when we are so careful when we take them down and store them in the bin they still get tangled up. I also don't get how lights that work fine the year before refuse to light up the next year. Most of our lights were ok but a couple of strands of net lights had half a strand out, we wove these together to make it look like an entire lighted strand!
After we finished I still needed to get to Lowe's to pick up two timers and two indoor extension cords for the upstairs bedroom window lights as well as D batteries for the snowmen ground lights. None of us like heights so all the 'high' decorating gets done inside. Thursday night college age daughter, youngest son and I hit Lowe's  (and then Chipotle for a dinner treat) and purchased the timers and cords (and forgot the batteries). I have yet to do those lights but I am sure I can accomplish this tomorrow night after work.
In the meantime here is our holiday house:

No comments:

Post a Comment