Saturday, February 9, 2013

Weekly financial review 2/1-2/9

Wanting to keep the monthly expenditures together this is going to be an 8 day review instead of the usual 7 day week.
I had a major surprise this week in that my federal tax return hit my account a mere five days after I filed, an unheard of event in my experience so I was able to acheive one important goal and meet one important obligation that I had planned some of this money for. Not wanting to be without a financial goal to work towards I have set myself some new ones.
With some of my tax return I was able to pay off a small personal loan that was costing me $170 a month in payments. My new goal is to take this money and put it directly into my savings account each month. I would like to have saved enough for a new set of tires (anticpating needing those next fall) before school ends. I'm also saving to fly to Kansas to attend a granddaughter's First Communion in April.
Friday 2/1: Payday!! I paid  bills, mortgage, car payment, car insurance, homeowner's insurance, DirectTv, natural gas bill ($182 not bad since the furnace, hot water tank, and stove are all gas), electric bill ($60...I read my meter and submited the reading online this month instead of letting the electric company estimate me at over $100...right after I did so a meter reader showed up on the street, sat in the truck for 10 minutes and then drove away without reading a single meter on my street..no wonder 9 out of 12 bills are estimates), quarterly water and sewer bill, and internet.
Other than bill paying I spent $0.
Saturday 2/2: Walgreen's $16.15 for a 3 pack of reading glasses
Sunday 2/3: Kohl's used a Christmas gift card to purchase a new shirt and spent $36.75 on a new pair of jeans that are going to be returned because (happy dance) they are too big!! That will teach me to try on stuff before I buy it.
Monday 2/4: $0
Tuesday 2/5: Discovered my tax return had hit my account so I paid my yearly property taxes, paid off personal loan and transfered the remainder into my savings account.
Grocery shopping: See separate posting
Bowling: $18
Wednesday 2/6: Gas station to fill up SUV: $45.18 Out to dinner after a visit to a sick relative in the hospital for 4 of us: $60.35
Thursday 2/7: $0
Friday 2/8: $30 haircut plus tip; Sally Beauty Supply for special hair products for my au naturel white/silver hair: $33
Saturday 2/9: Worked my cleaning gig this morning and paid my cell phone bill with most of what I earned in cash. I anticipate spending the remainder of $30 for an anniversary card and $25 gift card for my sister who is celebrating her 50th wedding anniversary tonight.

This was an expensive week and I feel like I am hemoraghing money. Next week should be much tighter

No comments:

Post a Comment