Monday, October 8, 2012

Pumpkin Penne with Sausage

Tonight I turned to a favorite cookbook of mine, Autumn with Family and Friends and one of the best pumpkin based pasta dishes I've ever tried. It got rave reviews from both my teen son and my young adult son.
Autumn with Family & Friends Cookbook by GooseberryPatch
Tonight's dinner: Pumpkin Penne with Sausage:
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, cubed
2/3 c. grated parmesan cheese
1/2 c. butter, sliced
1/2 c. milk
1 c. canned pumpkin
1/2 t. cayenne pepper (I prefer this less spicy and use 1/4 t.)
nutmeg to taste
16 oz. penne pasta, cooked
16 oz. maple flavored breakfast sausage (I prefer a classic sausage),browned and drained
additional grated parmesan cheese for topping

Combine cream cheese, parmesan cheese, butter, and milk in a saucepan; cover over low heat until cream cheese melts, stir frequently. Stir in pumpkin and spices; cook until heated through. Add cooked pasta and sausage and toss lightly. Serve topped with additional parmesan. Makes 8 servings (or four servings if you are feeding a teen boy and a young adult man with healthy appetites).
Pumpkin &...

No comments:

Post a Comment