Thursday, July 9, 2015

Rainy Day To Do List

Rain Cloud clip art I cannot remember another summer so rainy as the one we are having now. Last month the local weatherperson let all of us who may have been in a cave asleep know that we only had ONE day without some kind of rainfall in our area in the month of June. July actually got off to a roaring start with 5 whole sunny/partly sunny days. But our streak ended Tuesday with more thunderstorms. 
On the downside the grass is growing super fast and there is a limited window for cutting it. On the upside all my plants are getting free watering.
Today is going to be one long rain storm so I am going to focus on doing some things around the house. I intend to bake: Blueberry muffins & baking powder biscuits. I made bread yesterday (a loaf of white whole wheat) and I cut up the really ripe strawberries and sugared them for shortcake, hence the biscuits. I am also doing laundry: load one in the washer (I have used my clothesline a grand total of twice this summer and laundry needs to be kept up so the dryer it is). Drying racks are on my "needs" list if I get this job so that I can do inside drying on days like today. The basement is far too humid to hang anything down there and expect it not to smell damp. Despite fresh Damp-rid bags. All this rain, ugh.
I am also going to give the house a nice clean ( outside of the daily sweeping, swiffering, vacuuming ) and I will dust, mop the kitchen and bathroom floors, and clean the bath, the kitchen and the upstairs hallway.
Then I plan on settling in with a murder mystery before playing taxi driver for both college age daughter and college age son who both need rides to work later.
I also have more good news on the job front. I received an email asking for 5 references. Something they don't do if they are not considering you (according to my middle DD who works there). Prayers are still very much appreciated.

2 comments: