Wednesday, July 8, 2015

My last Aldi run

ALDI 101: A 3-Part Series On Shopping At Aldi | gimmesomeoven.com

With very limited funds these days I have been cautious about how much money I am spending at the grocery store, limiting myself to no more than $250 (what I earn from my cleaning gig) for the month and having that amount cover household cleaning, health & beauty, and paper supplies as well as food. So far, so good. I've been to the farmer's market a couple of times, spending $70.72 the last run there for lots of fresh produce and couple of other items (apples, nectarines, plums, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, fresh green beans, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, lemons, eggplant, celery, carrots, red bell peppers, sun dried tomatoes, 6 ears of corn,  fresh mozzarella, a tube of polenta, and a small bag of pepperoni).
I finished off with a stop at Aldi where I spent $38.27 and brought home this shopping bag of goodies:
a tube of Pringles chips, two boxes of tri-colored rotini (for 4th of July pasta salad), a bottle of Zesty Italian dressing (also for pasta salad), a can of whipped cream, a box of crackers, a bag of shredded cheddar, a block of Colby-jack cheese (also for pasta salad), a bag of sliced provolone, two blocks of white NY sharp cheddar, a container of hummus, 2 tubes of buttermilk biscuits, 2 boxes cream cheese, 1 quart cottage cheese, 1 pint sour cream, 1 package fresco cheese, 1 bag string cheese, and 2 blocks Colby cheese.
These two shopping trips were necessary because my college age daughter thought it would be a good idea to clean out the fridge, tossing all of the fresh produce and most of the cheese without looking at sell by dates while I was at GF's house. I know she was trying to help out but honestly, LOOK at what you are throwing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment