Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sunday Supper

dinner dinner art parts clip art photograph royalty free

I spent all of yesterday and most of today dog sitting for GF's dog while he was away at a bowling tournament. Meals were simple since it was just myself, I had boxed mac and cheese for lunch yesterday, leftover pizza that GF brought home from work for dinner last night and lunch today. Doughnuts that GF bought before leaving on Saturday were breakfast with coffee both days.
GF is home now and I am making us an actual meal. I originally thought I'd try the new Maple glazed stuffed pork roast recipe I have put on the monthly menus but the weather was beautiful and fairly warm so I changed the plan a bit and decided to do pork chops on the grill. I  took some thick cut pork chops out of his freezer to defrost then seasoned them with some McCormack Brown Sugar-Bourbon rub. I will grill them and finish them off with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce:
He had two boxes of scalloped potatoes mix in the cupboard so I grabbed those and popped them into the oven:

A can of corn heated on the stovetop:


Here are the chops ready to be served:
 
And GF's plate:
 

1 comment: