Monday, April 20, 2015

Simple Sunday






I have decided that my last several posts have been too depressing for words and it is time to stop having a pity party and concentrate on the positive. I have also come to the conclusion that it is not healthy to focus so much on work to the point of not enjoying my life. To that end this post is dedicated to the simple yet wonderful and relaxing Sunday I am enjoying. A hot cup of coffee enjoyed to the sound of church bells began the day. GF and I had a nice breakfast out followed by a trip to the car wash and then a leisurely Sunday drive along some country back roads.
I did a load of wash and then ran out to Aldi to pick up supplies for the two Make & Take baking classes I am giving this week and a stop at the gas station to fill up for the week. Funny thing about the gas station, when GF and I went to breakfast the price of gas was $2.19 a gallon ( compared to $2.25-$2.37 at other stations). When I returned with my vehicle it had gone down to $2.17! Score!
Returning to GF'S house I settled in with my kindle to read some food magazines and begin to prepare May dinner menus.
I also did some prep on tonight's dinner by mixing together a marinade of olive oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, some balsamic glaze in his fridge, and a bit of Montreal steak seasoning. I have a smallish top round steak marinating in this.
GF had four russet potatoes that needed using up so I washed and diced these and put them in a pan of water to cook 
The steak went on the grill
The potatoes became my Mom's parsley potatoes 

And I put together two individual salads
Dinner was served!


1 comment:

  1. I don't think your posts where depressing, you were shocked by your job situation. Glad Sunday was a good day and hopefully the people at your job realize what they are doing. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete