Friday, April 10, 2015

April Dinner Menu Plans

  Although we are just about halfway through April I have finally sat down and made out some menus. I shopped on Monday and made a roast beef, mashed potatoes, and creamed corn for dinner. Lunches since I am on break have been sandwiches using lunch meat I purchased and/or the roast beef. Tuesday's night dinner was pork adobo with steamed rice. Wednesday I used some of the planned over roast and did beef and noodles in gravy with green beans. Last night I made a large salad of spring greens, tomatoes, red bell peppers, cucumbers, kalamata olives, gorgonzola cheese, pine nuts, and strips of planned over roast beef. Topped with a garlic vinaigrette dressing. I will be chopping up the remainder of the roast beef and sticking it in the freezer for a hash to be served on Monday night. I have two occasions to attend this month, one a dinner for my DIL for her 30th birthday and the other a surprise party for her. On different nights. Now that fish fry is over Friday nights will go back to being Val's choice except for tonight. He will be gone bowling so I am making myself a small meal.


Here are the rest of my monthly ideas:

Tonight: Grilled lamb chops, white & wild rice, salad

Broiled pork chops, baked potatoes, green beans

Spaghetti with mushrooms, salad

Roast beef hash, Harvard beets

Slow cooker chicken and dumplings, green salad

Pasta carbonara Florentine, Italian blend veggies

Swiss steak, egg noodles, broccoli

Val's choice

out to dinner

Roast chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans

Sun dried tomato sausages w/ peppers & onions, homemade fries

Honey mustard pork scallopine, parsley potatoes, broccoli

Chicken stir fry, steamed rice

Cheddar brats, buttered egg noodles, capri veggies

Val's choice

Out to dinner

BBQ pork chops, au gratin potatoes, corn

Skillet lasagna, salad

Grilled steaks, pasta salad

Pork fajitas, Spanish rice, refried beans

Chicken picata, pasta w/ garlic, broccoli




1 comment:

  1. A nuce variety as always. How do you make BBQ prk chops? I have an excess of pork on hand and at this point, it is center stage for June menus. Any way to change it up is welcomed.

    ReplyDelete