Monday, April 6, 2015

Saying Goodbye

Lily Clip Art Images Easter Lily Stock Photos & Clipart Easter Lily ...  Spring has not been a kind season to my family in the last couple of years. And this year is no exception. Once again we have had to say goodbye to a loved one. In this case my mother-in-law Dot. She was an exceptional woman. In her lifetime she suffered much grief and yet she truly lived each day to its fullest with zest and humor. At 83 years young she continued to be active and interested in everything around her. She worked as a courtesy staff director for a ski resort up until two years ago. She had more friends than anyone I ever met. She was so full of life that when death came to claim her it was sudden but it was also kind. She passed away in her sleep two weeks ago today. She was my rock when my late husband suffered his accident and subsequent death. She was my example of living as a widow with grace and dignity. She was always there with advice, wisdom, support, love, and laughter. I loved her very much and I will miss her every day of my life.

3 comments:

  1. so very sorry for your loss. hugs . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please accept my deepest sympathies on the passing of your beloved mother-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am playing catch up on your blog and wanted to say how sorry I am. In my first marriage I had a wonderful mother in law. When she passed away, though I had been divorced from her son for many years, it ws hard. My heart ached. Mother in laws are such a blessing. It sounds like she was such an inspiration to you!

    ReplyDelete