Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Weekend!

weekend2520in.jpg  It seems that these days I live for the upcoming weekends. Not much gets accomplished during the weekdays besides necessary laundry and dinner and dinner cleanup.
This weekend has been particularly nice. Despite the cold temperatures and what appeared to be frozen white stuff blowing in the air it has been enjoyable. Friday night I went to oldest son's house and spent some time with my newest grandbabe E on her first Halloween. Yesterday I worked my twice a month cleaning job for some much needed cash. A two hour nap gave me some energy I'd lost from a couple of sleepless nights. Then GF and I ran some errands. We hit BJ's wholesale club where I purchased laundry detergent, fabric softener, MegaRed fish oil tablets, and Smart Balance for my house. GF bought some beef cubes, beef broth, crescent rolls and some work supplies. Our next stop was Aldi where GF bought carrots and cabbage and I picked up oatmeal and the Aldi 'cream of wheat' cereal. Our final stop was Target where I picked up sponges for work, Coricidin HB in case I come down with yet another cold, some reading glasses ( I was down to my last pair and really need several pairs of these), and a box of Throat Coat tea for youngest daughter's sore throat.
Once we'd finished our errands GF and I headed back to his house where after consulting my menu ideas I decided on making what I call Libby Soup. It is a beef vegetable soup I was preparing when I went into labor with my  youngest daughter.  Crescent rolls on the side rounded out the meal.

An evening snuggling under throw blankets and enjoying some dvr'd tv together put the nicest end to the day.
 
Sunday has been a lazy type of day. GF is working on his laundry, I've been doing some work I brought home to complete before Monday's lunch service. I did make a nice cooked breakfast for us though of Apple-Cinnamon pancakes and sausage patties. Used up the last of the apples we picked up at a local fruit farm in these.
 
Lunch will be leftover soup and dinner is going to be out in celebration of my middle daughter K's birthday which is tomorrow.
It has been what I consider to be the perfect weekend.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment