Monday, November 25, 2013

Catching Up

Free clip art – Running 020 | Gnurf  Life has been busy and I have had no time to sit and chat here. I hate when that happens. And yet I can find little  news to share, life was work, dinner, sleep, laundry, work, etc at least up until last weekend. We had a heavy windstorm (75 mph winds)blow through here last weekend and had a couple of poplar trees come down into the neighbor's yard. I have been dealing with my insurance company all week. The bottom line is insurance company says liability lies with the neighbor's and they need to file with their company. However part of the privacy fence that keeps our dogs in our yard was taken out and my adult son J got out there and did a temporary fix on that as well as cutting up all of the wood from the trees once the electric company removed the trees from the lines they were laying across and donating that to another neighbor who has a wood burning stove with which he heats most of his home. I prefer to use the Pine Mountain logs when we use our fireplace so it was nice we had someone who could use the wood. 
This week I am on vacation! I have the entire week off and plan to make the most of it. Saturday GF and I delivered a dryer that my adult son J had gotten from a friend who was throwing it out (along with a washer we gave to a family member in need) to yet another family member in need of one. Nice that we could help them out and clear some much needed basement space. Yesterday the GF and youngest son and I went to the mall and did a little Christmas shopping, picking up a couple of items on sale that were requested by family members.
Today I am going to give my house a good cleaning, starting with using my steam cleaner to clean the couches as well as washing all the throw blankets and the dining room curtains (which still have not been done). I also plan on taking youngest son to the barber for a haircut and picking up a few groceries. Later on I will sit down and do my December dinner menus.

No comments:

Post a Comment