Sunday, November 3, 2013

A trip to Lowe's

Lowe's  Believe it or not one of my favorite places to shop is Lowe's! After working and before heading home to nurse my fever GF and I made a quick stop at the local Lowe's home store near his house. I had a short list of things I wanted to pick up for home and he was checking out commercial flooring for his offices. I got in a short but satisfying browse in their holiday decorations aisle as well.  While I had no plan to purchase anything I still enjoy looking at all the holiday things they have.
My short list included a chimney sweeping log for my fireplace.Chimney Cleaning Log For the last few years I have used these and found them to be a good frugal way to keep my fireplace chimney clean. I back this up by no longer using actual wood in the fireplace when I make a fire. I will be purchasing a couple of cases of 'faux' logs at the wholesale club for the season. Although they are pricey I like these for several reasons: 1. No sparks. 2.Not as much creosote from them as from real logs. and 3. I know how long they will burn and can start a fire with enough time for it to go out completely before we all go to bed.  We don't use our fireplace on a regular nightly basis so this is a good solution for me.
I will use my chimney cleaning log on Monday night.

I also picked up a birthday gift for my middle daughter whose 28th birthday it is today. She had an immersion blender on her Christmas list so I chose to get that for her birthday instead. Lowe's had the Kitchen Aide one she'd mentioned for a decent price of $40. This is the model I purchased:


I also wanted another window insulation kit and picked up this one: Frost King 42 x 62-In. Window Insulation Kit: Model# V73H : True Value ...

My final two purchases were strictly impulse buys. I knew my adult son still living at home would get a lot of enjoyment out of the Duck Dynasty Holiday door mat that will go on the landing by our side door.
And I picked up this handy little guide ... shows the cover of the 2013 edition of the old farmer s almanac in for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment