Monday, May 6, 2013

When life gets in the way

I had such good intentions of blogging on a regular basis the last couple of weeks but as often happens when plans get made they go awry. The last weekend of April was wonderful, the GF and I took a nice two hour ride up into rural PA to visit an old friend and her hubby who were in town and then our Sunday was nice a leisurely. Monday I took GF in for a small eye surgery that went well. So far so good.
Then the week quickly dissolved into a mini nightmare with one of my children needing some emergency medical help and Mom here dealing with a visiting granddog and of course the worry that goes along with being a Mom. Things all worked out and are back on track for the adult child. The week ended nicely too. I dogsat for GF over the weekend while he went out of town. My youngest daughter and I had a nice mommy-daughter date on Friday and on Saturday I spent a very pleasant couple of hours in the warm sunshine watching a grand-nephew play Little League ball. Brought back lots of good memories of when my older boys played. :-)
When GF got back to town he and I and youngest daughter and her boyfriend all went out for Mexican food together for Cinco De Mayo and had a terrific time together.
I also did a bit of baking yesterday!
In the morning I made a quick sour cream coffee cake :
 
While doing a couple of loads of laundry I also made a batch of Toll House Cookies.
I took two sticks of butter and beat them until fluffy then added 3/4 of a cup of sugar and 3/4 of a cup of brown sugar:
I beat the butter and sugar together, then added two eggs and a teaspoon of vanilla extract:
 I beat this mixture until fluffy than added the remaining dry ingredients of  two and a quarter cups of flour, a teaspoon of baking soda and a teaspoon of salt.
 I mixed all of these ingredients together then added a half cup of chopped walnuts and two cups of chocolate chips:
 And mixed these well.
 
I lined several cookie sheets with parchment paper and got out my favorite cookie scoop:
 I scooped cookie dough onto the prepared trays
 And using a glass wrapped in a dampened cotton napkin  I lightly pressed each ball of dough down into a circle:
 10 minutes in a 375 degree oven and we have a yummy treat!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment