Saturday, November 11, 2017

Menus for the rest of November

I've prioritized this because I think if I can organize this one small area of my life it will help with my stress levels. I hope I'm not just being delusional here. I am planning these meals for just myself. The sons' schedules are so erratic and their social lives so full that I can no longer count on them being home for any dinners. We have a whole week off of school the week before Thanksgiving so I will have time to make a real dinner instead of the sandwich-in-the-car meal I plan for when school is in session during that time. I've already volunteered to make the squash and a pie for the holiday spent at my sister's home as is tradition. 

11/11: Homemade chicken soup with drop dumplings (I roasted a small chicken on Thursday and last night made soup stock from the leftover carcass). Brioche rolls.

11/12: Lamb chop, parsley potatoes, peas with savory

11/13: Chicken salad sandwich (using some of the roasted chicken I set aside), baby carrots

11/14: Peanut butter and jelly sandwich, apple slices (eaten in the car between hair appointment and cleaning job)

11/15: Slow cooker swiss steak (put in crockpot before work), steamed rice, green beans

11/16: Baked tilapia with lemon, white and wild rice, salad

11/17: Salad of spring greens, shredded carrots, tomatoes, Kalamata olives, feta cheese, chicken with lemon vinaigrette, roll

11/18: Mini Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, brussels sprouts

11/19: Pork chops, homemade applesauce, rice pilaf, California blend veggies

11/20: Grilled salmon, baked sweet potato, salad

11/21: Country beef stew with veggies, dinner roll

11/22: Spaghetti with marinara sauce, salad

11/23: Thanksgiving Day

11/24: Salad of chopped kale, sliced apples, dried cranberries, blue cheese, pecans, turkey with apple cider dressing, roll

11/25: Mom's macaroni and cheese, salad

11/26:  Chicken paprikash with drop dumplings, green beans

11/27: roast beef and provolone sandwich, celery sticks

11/28: tuna salad sandwich, baby carrots

11/29: Pork adobo over steamed rice, green beans

11/30: Salad of spring greens, shredded carrots, roasted beets, goat cheese, pecans and chicken with poppyseed dressing, roll

5 comments:

  1. While you mention having Thanksgiving at your sister's home, as is your family tradition, will she be giving you a goodie bag/plate with leftovers to take home with you? I see turkey on your salad the day after. : ) I find it hard to cook small, after cooking for 6. We are a unit of 3 now, sometimes 2, as this weekend finds us with DD away, or just me on Fridays, when DS #2 and often DD (is she's not working late) have dinner with Dad.We still do Sunday supper, and SO's are welcomed as well. One DS is away at college, the other who doesn't live with me normally attends, otherwise it's just the 3 of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister always offers me the turkey carcasses ( we do two birds) and there is usually plenty of meat left on them. My plan is to some of that on my dinner salad. I will turn the carcasses into turkey stock for the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete