Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Where has the time gone?

  I cannot believe that it has been over two months since I last sat down to share on this blog. I have no excuse except that life has gotten in the way of blogging about life. And as I have complained before I am just totally exhausted after working an 11 hour day and by the time I make dinner and clean up I am done for.  No major changes have gone on around the home front in the last two months though. My DIL's mom and I threw a baby shower for her and my son, I attended another baby shower for the girlfriend of one of my nephews, the GF and I spent a wonderful weekend celebrating his birthday at a bed and breakfast in the Amish area of Ohio called Berlin at a B & B called the Lamplight Inn. I highly recommend it.
Easter came and went and we had a wonderful holiday with extended family. Spring break also flew by and my middle son J and I made one major purchase for our home: new furniture for our living room. We didn't go insane, we actually found these pieces at Big Lots. They are name brand and very well made. We chose a black leather couch with matching loveseat and recliner. I didn't want anything upholstered since our pug has taken to relieving  himself inside on anything he can reach that is fabric. He is a bad little doggie. Since this purchase not only does the living room look snazzy, it smells about a thousand percent better.  During break a few minor jobs that had piled up got accomplished and I have a nice list all ready to go for the summer months. Summer job hunting did not go well for me and I have been unable to find anything. I will continue to work my twice a month cleaning gig all through the summer, and I have saved up what I hope will be enough to get us through as far as bills go. Adult son who lives at home has volunteered to help out with groceries but I am stockpiling the freezer and the pantry and hoping to keep this cost to a minimum purchase of fresh produce and dairy. There are two major events coming up in the next few months, the birth of my newest grandchild due in just a few short weeks and my youngest son's high school graduation party in July. I planned ahead and saved all the decorations I used last year for youngest daughter so those are good to go. I will have this at the local metro parks in the free shelter area like I did for daughter so no expense there. And family has already offered to pitch in and bring something so that is good.  I still have the rest of this week, a four day week next week, a full week after that and then two additional days of work left. Every single penny that I can save will be used for summer expenses from the three paychecks I have left for the year.  I was surprised and delighted to see I am receiving a small raise (25¢ an hour) for next year in my contract so that is good news.
I am promising myself to do better here with keeping up the blogging (and reading my favorite blogs which I am so behind on) from now on. June menus are under construction so that will be coming up here shortly.
It is good to be back.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to see you're back blogging and that everything is going well in your life and your familys. :)

    ReplyDelete